Dr. Sunita and the team specializes in helping the transgender community, companies, medical groups, and community organizations support the transgender community by educating, training, and advising on matters of inclusion, equal access, equal care, and the equal treatment of transgender individuals from a legal perspective.
The Transgender community undergo social, cultural, and economic discrimination while facing abuse in various sectors of life.
The Transgender community is prone to human trafficking for sex, organ selling, begging among other illicit trades.
Those Transgender individuals who are adopted, are forced to beg on the streets, while a larger part of the collection goes to the leaders.
Forced prostitution by their community, friends, or relatives as a means of livelihood is a common scenario among the Transgender community.
Issues with drug and substance abuse due to stress and nature of trade they are involved in is a major problem among the Transgender community.
Rape cases are rampant among the Transgender community in India due poor policies and discrimination.
Restricted entry to most public spaces and excluded from participating in social, cultural, and economic activities. The worst part if the rejection of Transgender children and young adults by their own families which leaves them vulnerable to other forms of abuse.
Newborn babies and children with the genital feature of Transgender nabbed by the transgender community or willingly handed over by the parents.
High cases of rape, unprotected sex, drug abuse as some of the contributing factors to vulnerability of the community to STI and STD.
As a marginalized group, due to discrimination and abuse, most of the Transgender are illiterate, jobless and live as beggars and prostitutes.
Lack of measures for gender recognition, sex reassignment surgery, child adoption, same-sex marriage, family formation among others has been a major contribution to the issues faced by the Transgender community.
The Transgender community undergoes Harassment by the general public and the police; whenever they are found on the wrong side of the law.
- Minimizing operational, legal, and reputational risk
- Maintaining license to operate
- Supporting local transgender communities through company CSR efforts.
- Strengthening brand reputation with shareholders, investors, government, and the media.
- Multi-stakeholder processes and community engagements to better understand root causes and collective solutions
- Creation of robust human rights policies and strategies
- Human rights due diligence at the corporate, market, product, or site levels that identifies unique company impacts, risks, and opportunities.
- Policies and processes for articulating corporate commitments to human rights and integrating human rights into core business functions
- Tools to monitor and communicate performance and progress in advancing human rights